FREQUENYLY ASKED QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO THE MODULE EXAMS IN 124E WEB-REMOTE
(1) When are the exams available?
The exams become available on certain dates. Check the Course Calendar. No exam can be completed after its availability period!
NOTE: Taking an exam at the last possible minute might not let you make other arrangements in case of an emergency that the instructor is then unwilling to perceive as such. Therefore, it is recommended that you take your exams as soon as they become available.
(2) Where can the exams be found?
The course consists of several modules located in MyOpenMath. You can find an exam in the last tasks folder of each module.
(3) What types of problems are on the exams?
The exam problems will be taken from the associated module reviews. There will be no problems from other modules. However, more than likely you will still have to know concepts discussed in previous modules.
(4) Do exams have due dates?
YES! Please check the Course Calendar.
(5) Does work have to be shown?
Yes! For Exam Work and Submission Guidelines go to http://profstewartmath.com/General/FAQ_Work.html
(6) How many times can each exam be taken?
You can take each exam exactly ONCE.
(7) Can problems be reworked?
SORT OF...! The exam questions will be presented to you one at a time. You will not get a replacement problem. However, you are allowed to visit or revisit any question while taking the exam.
(8) Can learning aids be used while taking the exams?
You CANNOT use textbooks, notes, formulas, a buddy or relative, and the Internet or other reference materials.
You CAN use a calculator and scratch paper.
(9) How much time is given to complete each exam?
You will be given 90 minutes. The time is indicated in the top right-hand corner of the exam.
(10) Does an exam have to be completed once it is started?
YES! Once you start an exam the clock timer will start. When it reaches 90 minutes you will no longer be able to access the exam. Remember, you only have one (1) attempt!
(11) What happens if there is a technical problem while taking the exams?
Send the instructor an email IMMEDIATELY using email@example.com. YOU CANNOT CLAIM "TECHNICAL PROBLEMS" AFTER THE HARD DUE DATE!
(12) When can the grades and answers be reviewed?
You will be able to open and review a completed exam AFTER the hard due date/time. Click on the MOM "Gradebook" link, find the exam you are interested in, and then click on the point-score in the "Grade" column.
(13) Is partial credit given for exam problems?
YES! The instructor will discuss this with you after the hard due date of each exam.