FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO THE PRACTICE TASKS
(1) When are the Practice Tasks available?
Practice Tasks become available on certain dates. Check the Course Calendar. No Practice Task can be completed for a grade after its availability period. You must achieve a 100% on the Syllabus Review before you can start Practice 1. For most other Practice Tasks, you must achieve at least a 75% on a previous Practice Task before you can access them.
NOTE: Completing the Practice Tasks at the last possible minute might not let you make other arrangements in case of an emergency that the instructor is then unwilling to perceive as such. Therefore, it is recommended that you complete the Practice Tasks as soon as they become available.
(2) Where can the Practice Tasks be found?
The course consists of several modules located in MyOpenMath. You can find the Practice Task in the tasks folder of each module.
(3) What types of problems are on the Practice Tasks?
The Practice Tasks problems are selected to closely match the examples in the instructor lecture notes.
(4) Do Practice Tasks have due dates?
YES! Please check the Course Calendar.
(5) How many times can Practice Task be taken?
You can continue to re-access the Practice Tasks during their availability period.
(6) Can I problems be reworked?
YES! If you answered a problem incorrectly THREE TIMES in a row, it will be marked as "incorrect", and you will be given the correct answer. In order to get credit for this problem, you can immediately or at a later time (within the availability period) work an unlimited number of similar replacement problems.
(7) Can learning aids be used while doing the Practice Tasks?
(8) How much time is given to complete each Practice Task?
There is no time limit for completing the Practice Tasks. You can save your progress and come back at a later time.
(9) Does a Practice Task have to be completed once it is started?
NO! You can stop at any time and come back and finish each Practice Task later as long as you do it before the end of the availability period.
(10) What happens if there is a technical problem while doing a Practice Task?
Send the instructor an email IMMEDIATELY using firstname.lastname@example.org. YOU CANNOT CLAIM "TECHNICAL PROBLEMS" AFTER THE HARD DUE DATE!
(11) When can the grades and answers be reviewed?
You will be able to open and review all of your Practice Tasks immediately after submitting them. Click on the "Gradebook" link then find the practice task in which you are interested.
(12) Are additional problems available?
For every lesson there exists an "ADDITIONAL PRACTICE" link. There, you can work the practice problems as often as you want throughout the entire semester. This work is NOT graded!