FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO THE PRACTICE TASKS
(1) When are the practice tasks available?
Practice Tasks become available on certain dates. Check the Course Calendar. No Practice Task can be completed for a grade after its availability period. You must achieve a 100% on the Syllabus Quiz before you can start Practice 1. For most other practice tasks, you must achieve at least a 75% on the previous Practice Task before you can access them.
NOTE: Completing the Practice Tasks at the last possible minute might not let you make other arrangments in case of an emergency that the instructor is then unwilling to perceive as such. Therefore, it is recommended that you complete the Practice Tasks as soon as they become available.
(2) Where are the Practice Tasks taken?
On any computer at a location of your choice!
(3) Where can the Practice Tasks be found?
You can find the Practice Tasks in the weekly tasks folders on the MyOpenMath (MOM) course home page.
(4) What types of problems are on the Practice Tasks?
The Practice Tasks problems are selected to closely match the examples in the instructor lecture notes.
(5) Do Practice Tasks have due dates?
YES! Please check the Course Calendar.
(6) Does work have to be shown?
NO! But in order to find the correct answer you should definitely work each problem in your paper notebook.
(7) How many times can we take the Practice Tasks?
You can continue to re-access the practice tasks during their availability period.
(8) Can we rework problems?
YES! If you answered a problem incorrectly THREE TIMES in a row, it will be marked as "incorrect" and you will be given the correct answer. In order to get credit for this problem, you can immediately work an unlimited number of similar replacement problems.
(9) Can learning aids can be used while doing the Practice Tasks?
You may start out using your notes, the book, or the instructor lectures. At one point, though, you must be able to do each problem without hesitation and without looking at your notes in the speediest time possible.
(10) How much time is given to complete the Practice Tasks?
There is no time limit on completing the Practice Tasks. You can save your progress and come back at a later time.
(11) When can the grades and answers be viewed?
You will be able to open and review all of your Practice Tasks immediately after submitting them. Click on the "Gradebook" link then find the practice task in which you are interested.
(12) Can I work on the problems even though I am happy with my grade?
After the due date, you can access any Practice Task to work on all problems an unlimited number of time without changing your grade.
(13) What happens if there is a technical problem while doing a Practice Task?
If you have technical problems, log out of the program and shut down your browser. Then re-access both. If this does not work, send the instructor an email IMMEDIATELY using firstname.lastname@example.org.